The hardware and software configurations for IOI 2022 are described below. Important changes from IOI 2019-2021 are marked in red.
Note that these configurations are subject to change.
An Acer Aspire 3 laptop workstation is assigned to each on-site contestant with the following components:
- OS: Windows 11, with contestant VM installed (see the Software section below)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-1135G7 (2.4 GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB SSD
- Built-in 15.6″ IPS display (1920×1080 resolution)
- Built-in US-layout keyboard
- Built-in touchpad
- 3 USB ports (for contestant-provided keyboard and mouse; refer to the Competition Rules for regulations)
- Wired mouse
- Mouse pad
Online contestants must provide their own workstations (referred to as “Contestant PC”). Please refer to the Online Contestant PC Manual.
The software environment will be provided by a virtual machine (referred to as “Contestant VM”). All contestants, on-site and online, will use the same contestant VM.
For more information about the contestant VM, please refer to the Contestant VM Manual.
The contestant VM is installed with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS and
ubuntu-desktop-minimal package set. Contestants can expect the following software, with the minimum versions stated below.
Text Editors and IDEs
Contest Management System (CMS) will be used as the grading system.
The exact commands used for compilation will be shown on the grading system. With the exception of certain task types, the compilation command will generally be of the following format:
/usr/bin/g++ -DEVAL -std=gnu++17 -O2 -pipe -static -s -o task grader.cpp task.cpp
Grading will be performed on Amazon Web Services (AWS) c5.metal Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances with the following specifications:
- Ubuntu 20.04
- 3.0 GHz Intel(R) Xeon(R) Platinum 8275CL (Cascade Lake)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology and CPU frequency scaling disabled
- During grading, an entire CPU socket will be dedicated to the running submission. The submission will be limited to use only one physical CPU core on this socket.